How do I run a credit card or debit card sale on my VX520? (Restaurant account - tip processing)
Note: This article is for businesses that use a restaurant account, and tip processing. The process is different if your business uses a retail account that does not accept tips.
- From the SoftPay home screen, press F2 (Sale).
- Use the keypad to type the sale amount, then press the Enter key.
- To confirm the sale amount, press F1 (Yes).
- Swipe, dip, or tap the payment card on the terminal, or use the keypad to type the card number then press Enter.
- If the customer is using a card that requires a PIN, they can either:
- Use the external PIN pad to type their PIN.
- Use the keypad on the VX520 to type their PIN, and return the terminal to you.
- To submit the payment, press Enter.
- To print a copy of the receipt for the customer, press F1 (Yes).