How do I run a card sale?
You can use the Virtual Terminal to run a credit or debit card sale.
To run a card sale:
- On the toolbar, click Virtual Terminal.
- Enter the Card Information:
- Type the Card Number.
- Use the month and year drop‑down menus to select the Expiration Date.
- Type the CVV.
- (Optional) Type the Name on the Card.
- Type the Street Address.
- Type the Postal Code.
- Type the Order Information:
- (Optional) Customer ID.
- Invoice Number.
- (Optional) Customer's Email.
- Subtotal Amount.
- (Optional) Tax Amount.
- (Optional) Tip Amount.
- (Optional) Convenience Fee.
- (Optional) Notes relating to the sale for future reference.
- (Optional) To allow the same transaction to occur for the same card more than once in a 24-hour period, select the Allow Duplicate Transactions check box.
- Click Submit Payment. The Payments Portal displays either a decline, or an approval screen:
- Decline - Payments Portal may display a reason such as “Decline; Invalid CVV.” You can retry the card or ask your customer to use different payment method.
- Approval - The approval screen includes a summary of the transaction. On the approval screen, you can:
- Email or Print Receipt
- Start a new sale
- Void the sale
- Change the Tip Amount
Note: If you are a Virtual Terminal user and do not have an integrated POS, the Payments Portal does not display the Tip Amount and Convenience Fee fields.